Calling a plumber for the first time because you’ve woken up to no hot water or have discovered a nasty water leak can feel a little daunting, especially if you have not had to do this before.
We’ve put together a handy guide to help put your mind at ease when calling a plumber for the first time:
What should you do?
- If you’re calling a professional because of an emergency, we recommend writing down as much information as possible about the problem. This will help you remember everything that may be important when speaking to your plumber and also give your plumber a better understanding of the issue and what work needs to be carried out.
- If you’re enquiring about something non-urgent, i.e. looking to upgrade your boiler or need some general advice, it would be useful to carry out some research of your own in advance. Holding some initial knowledge of your enquiry will ensure a better result overall and help keep the conversation crystal clear.
What should your plumber do?
- A reputable plumber should always be able to explain the options available in an easy to understand language. You should never be afraid to ask questions if you’re unsure about the services they offer, as they will be more than happy to explain things in further detail.
- Choosing a plumber you wish to work with will take your careful consideration, therefore you should never feel rushed into making a decision. Your engineer will provide you with the information you need to make your decision and leave contact details for you to get back to them.
- When it comes to the price of your job, a good plumber will always be able to give you an estimate of the price and timescale. They will usually be able to tell you their hourly rates, however, this will not be an exact figure without really seeing what they have to work on.
- Plumbers understand that you may need time to discuss the job with a partner or friend before coming to a decision. They will be happy to talk through anything else you think of and the available dates to start the job before you agree to sign them up.
Here at M Wilson Plumbing, we always act in a friendly, reliable and professional manner and are always happy to ensure you understand exactly what you need. If you live in the Wellingborough, Kettering, Northampton or surrounding areas and need some plumbing work carried out, you can give us a call on 07983 138153 or get in touch with us by using the form on the right. We look forward to helping you!